Installation of bbTracker can vary wildly from phone model to phone model (and sometimes even between firmware versions). Usually your best bet is to point your mobiles built-in browser at the download page and select the link to the JAD-file of the current release. The cell phone should prompt you if you want to install it. Ideally that is all there is to it.
Some phones make it more complicated or don't even allow over-the-air installation.
Here is a small collection of known-working installation instructions (if you have tested it with any other models I'd like to hear about that):
bbTracker will work with most BlackBerry models, check the compatability page to ensure it will work with your model. bbTracker will also work with the internal GPS, if your model has it, or an external Bluetooth GPS puck.
Over The Air
The latest version of bbTracker can be installed over the air just by pointing your BlackBerry browser to the JAR file listed on the download page. Make sure you bookmark this page so that you can always come back easily for the latest version. Note: Use the BlackBerry browser, not some third-party browser such as Opera
Download and install through BlackBerry Desktop Manager
Use this option if you have an expensive data plan and don't want to pay for a download.
- Download the latest JAR COD and ALX file from the download page to a specific location on your computer (remember this location)
- Connect your BlackBerry to your computer and start up the BlackBerry Desktop Manager
- Click Application Loader
- Step through the Application Loader Wizard by clicking Next until you see the page that lists all current loaded applications
- Click Add...
- Navigate to the folder where you saved the JAR, COD and ALX files
- Select the ALX file and click Open
- Click Next
- Click Finish
- Wait... the application will be loaded and your BlackBerry will restart
Note: If you get a message saying this application is not compatible with your phone, ensure you use the BlackBerry Desktop Manager provided by your cell phone carrier.